Monday, November 21, 2011

Smorgasbord Monday

Hey, pals. It is unbelievable to me that it's pretty much Thanksgiving. Insane. Here are some internet morsels to complete your Turkey Day feast. 


I don't know about you, but I totally plan to see the The Muppets this weekend. My adoration for Kermit knows no bounds.


via pinterest
So, as you might already know, I have long been obsessed with this video called Marcel The Shell with Shoes On. Of everyone I've ever known, only one person has disliked it. That man was Hitler. Just kidding, but this Marcel-hater-man is a jerk with a mustache fetish. Well, the creators Jenny Slate and Dean Fleischer-Camp recently released a new book and another Marcel video "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On." Watch this and your days will be filled with sunshine and sea shells. My forever quote will be, "Guess why I smile a lot? Cuz it's worth it."
Hyperbole and a Half is the funniest blog in the world (this is not a hyperbole). Allie's cartoons and point-of-view are just the thing for any sort of occasion, whether it be quirky, delightful, or even mischievous (as so many occasions are). My favorite story has to be "How a Fish Almost Destroyed my Childhood." Take a gander.


via Hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com




I've been doing a lot of driving lately and this one song (Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness) has seen me through quite a few stoplights and traffic jams. Whenever I'm belting it out at top volume, while driving down the highway of life, I can't help but think of this scene from Pretty in Pink. There is no doubt in my mind that John Hughes was a genius and I am team Duckie all the way!
I hope you all have a week full of friends, family, and copious amounts of turkey. Myself, I am thankful for the incredible people in my life, and the Marcel the Shells, the Fish Friends, the Duckies, the Muppets, and the ever present possibility of breaking into song.







No comments:

Post a Comment