Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Introduction to Canary Yellow





Like almost everyone I know who has ever tried to start a blog, I come at this thing for a second time. I just couldn't seem to get my act together. Because in the past, I didn't (and still maybe don't) know who I am, let me first introduce myself by what I now know I believe in. 


I believe in laughter. I'm talking belly laughs and guffaws. I believe in laughing till you cry and crying till you laugh. I believe in eating, and conversation, and whenever possible combining the two without choking. I believe in winks, and nods, and hi-fives, and silly dances. I believe in baked goods. I believe in personification. I believe in kindness and friendship and generosity of spirit. I believe in dignified riots. I believe in postcards, and graffiti. I believe in punchlines and puns and silly-silly words. I believe in comedy and carbs. I believe in yellow, canary yellow.


What is canary yellow you ask? It's a philosophy that I am stealing from the wisest of lyricists, Mr. Oscar Hammerstein.  Simply sung, "When the sky is a bright canary yellow, I forget every cloud I've ever seen."  This blog is going to be filled with things that make me feel canary yellow and I hope that they make you feel canary yellow too :)

1 comment: