Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rice Pudding Pizza


We ate some delicious food and tried on some gorgeous vintage wear while in New York. 
 Best vintage store ever? Easily Amarcord Vintage Fashion in Soho. I picked up a YSL skirt that I am still not brave enough to wear (I'm working up to it). Hayley bought a necklace by Givenchy that is so beautiful she plans on leaving it in her will to her future imaginary children. 
Funny story, my mom was recognized by a celebrity. While we were in Amarcord, Matthew Modine (of Married to the Mob fame) entered the store to ask if they carried prom dresses. They said yes and he exited to make a phone call. I was like, "That's Matthew Modine, ya'all" and they knew it to be so.

While we were leaving, Matthew Modine tapped my mom on the shoulder and asked, "I'm sorry. Have we met?" She blew him off. At first I totally thought he was trying to pick her up, which on second thought, I'm pretty sure he wasn't. Although, my mom does get hit on a lot. Me not at all. I'm ill tempered and squinty, but my mom is a lovely vivacious woman, so there you go. Anyhoo, my mom was recognized by a celebrity.

 Lombardi's pizza was gooey and delightful. We got two types of pizza: margherita and white. Both were crispy and fresh out of the oven.


 This trip weren't for no faint of heart sissy eaters. We stopped by Rice to Riches for some post-pizza rice pudding. They have the best spoons, one of which I kept and packed in my luggage. I really liked the spoon.

We rounded out the evening with some sky scraping sandwiches at Junior's in Times Square and then a walk to Rockerfeller Plaza. Loooooved Junior's, mostly for the ambiance, but the food was pretty solid as well. If you go try the egg cream (don't worry no egg in it) and the cheesecake and the red devil food cake and the black out cheesecake and well...just try everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment