Saturday, August 27, 2011

Amtrak MVP

If I had my druthers all traveling would be done by train. I love trains. They are fast. They are charming. Without the high likelihood of a fender bender, they let you focus on the world as it passes by. They feel European. They feel American. They feel good. The Lady Vanishes. Murder on the Orient Express. Music Man. People  murder each other, fall in love, sing on trains. Oh, Amtrak you smell of romance. 

On our recent East Coast escapades, we ended up taking the train from New York up to Boston and boy-howdy am I glad we did. After all the running around and sight-seeing, lounging with a good book and a sandwich felt downright decadent- you didn't seriously think I was going to miss a meal did you?


My Look = Debbie Reynolds on a train

Had to stop by Au Bon Pain for a traveling sandwich, then on to Penn Station. You have to wait by the schedule board (is that what they call it?) till 5-10 minutes before your departure time when suddenly they release your gate number. Then the race is on and everyone high tails it to the nearest caboose. TRAINS! They think they can. Is there nothing they can't do? I mean aside from flying.


Can you tell how excited I am in this pic? I'm on a train. Will I be murdered, fall in love, or sing? Oh, the thrill of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment