Monday, August 29, 2011

Smorgasbord Monday

Hey all! So, it's Smorgasbord Monday and time for me to share some of my favorite finds from this week.


Anyone who has ever worked with children knows that kids say the darndest things.  Preschool gems  proves that little ones make the best stand ups, poets, and philosophers. Essentially, preschool teachers use twitter to share some of their daily highlights. My personal favorites include:


  • "I just really need to be Darth Vader right now."
  • "My heart feels like black paint
  • "They said I was cheating, and I was. But cheating doesn't matter. Life and friends matter."
Continuing with the theme of wise youth, I give you the funniest short essay answer ever. Seriously, I read this online late at night and I shrieked with laughter and had to bite a pillow. Comedic gold.


I love covers (songs and blankets). I love them. I ran across this rendition of "Moon River" by the Honey Trees and I've been singing it all week. 


They also do the most delightful version of "Edelweiss" from The Sound of Music. It's my favorite song and did you know that it was also the last song that Oscar Hammerstein ever wrote? What a beautiful swan song to sing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment