Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ruptured Crepuscular Pandas

Believe it or not, I actually finally at-long-last made it to New York. Some of my favorite people in the world were there to greet me: my mom, sister Hayley, dear friend KGB, little cousin Lo and aunt Susie.


Where to first? The Central Park Zoo. I did not want to go. It was hot and zoos kind of freak me out. They remind me of what I think a strip club would feel like, only without the free waffles and with more pandas. But I went because my sister freakin' loves zoo. She has a zoo fetish. Whatever city we're in, she's looking for zoos, usually in cities that really shouldn't have zoos. I'm talking the two of us paying twenty bucks to watch a pair of penguins sit in a kiddy pool, those kinds of zoos. But, I went to the Central Park Zoo and had a pretty great time.



Highlight of the zoo trip was easily the red panda which is both adorable and lazy: a killer combination.


Turns out that red pandas are also crepuscular...


I now know that I am officially crepuscular. Speaking of crepuscular, time for lunch! We took a quick ramble through the upper east side all the way to the delicious Shake Shack. SOOOOO GOOOOOD!


We were all starving so the wait felt like for-e-ver. But so worth it. When the buzzer went off I felt like I had won the food lottery.


They serve you the grub on a great big metal cookie sheet. No flimsy plastic trays for this buffet. Love. I got the classic shake burger with cheese. Hayley got a Chicago dog and Mom got the shroom burger. Now this might just have been the hunger talking, but this place was A-MAZing. Everything was delicious, especially the black and white shake we ordered for dessert. Nothing says happiness like a chocolate shake with lots of marshmallow fluff.


Let us take a moment to gaze upon these fries. Crunchy and delectable and gone so fast.

As we walked towards the Met, filled with shake shack, we passed this sign. I can safely say I have no idea what it means, but the irony is not lost on me. Hail the ruptured crepuscular panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment